Thursday, April 3, 2008

Well, just wanted to start a blog that would allow me to rant, rave, and basically speak the truth about the trials and tribulations of Cat 3 cycling. This blog is also meant to educate those that aren't familiar with cycling to the lingo and strategy used in bike racing. As the name Cat3Phenom would suggest, I am quite good.

I usually only lose races due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I never lose races due to my lack of fitness. Not sure who I am, go to your next race and look for the guy that is always on the front, dragging the weaker riders around.

See picture for example:



Guy in blue = winner = where you'll find me
All others = weiners = wimps = hiding girly faces from wind = 'sitting-in'



"Oh, what was that? An attack just went off the front?" Yep, that was most likely me.


Some might say that I don't race smart...but this is not the case. They might claim that I should not spend all my time on the front of the race, but instead 'sit-in' (cycling term for hiding in the pack like a wimp) and conserve energy. What these people don't know is that I am a born leader. This is all I know. I am a winner, not a weiner, and winners are on the front. Weiners, on the other hand, sit in the pack and hide their girly faces from the wind.

(Picture of what cyclists call a peleton - I vote to rename it 'pack of pansies')

Nope...you won't catch me sitting in a pack when there is leading to be had.


Well I look forward to telling my stories about Cat 3 racing, and I hope you'll come back and read along. I'll post some race reports in the near future. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: