Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ah, the good'ole days...

This was a good one, I wanted to be sure that everyone was able to see it. Michael has kindly offered himself up to become the, "you should have seen me back in my day," guy. This was posted in the Comments of the Yellow Line post.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Michael said...
You know, back in my racing days, we called Cat 3's "candy asses," so calling it the "ultimate cat" is pretty stupid. Additionally, I'd love to see the crashes caused by a full two lanes of riders trying to compress back into one lane on a blind curve in the mountains--or even on a short blind rise. Thus far, you've done little to prove you're anything but a troll. Or maybe you're just retarded.
April 24, 2008 10:25 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait until I get to pull the 'back in my day' card. Sounds like Michael is a little bitter about being downgraded to a Cat 4. But even more bitter about being too old and fat to earn the points to become an elite member of "The Ultimate Cat."

My real guess is he's the guy you find at the start of your local Tuesday night worlds, dressed in the full CSC team kit, and his $6000 dollar ride. The guy you chat with as the group rolls from the parking lot and begins the casual pre-hammerfest warm up. You know the one - he tells you how great he was until that nagging (insert body part here) injury forced him to quit racing.

Yep, that's our buddy Michael. The guy you never see again after the pace moves past the almighty speed of 15mph. Watch out for Michael on your next ride. If you're a loser, he'll be pretty easy to spot. He'll be right next to you in the group, hiding his girly face from the wind.

If you're a winner like me, don't worry about Michael. You won't see him again after the parking lot. You'll be too busy shredding legs and launching attacks from the front of the group.

Oh, and Michael, that's pretty sick that you'd love to see people crash.

As far as being a troll is concerned, if trolls are winners, you can call me a troll all you want. However, there is one problem. I know for a fact that trolls hide under bridges. I learned this from a book that I once read. This proves two things:

1. I know how to read and have the capacity to remember. And,

2. I never hide during a race. In fact, I'm the guy who counter-attacks his own attacks (explanation on how to do this successfully to follow in a later post).

I guess this means I'm not retarded, and I'm also not a troll.

Well, I'm off to replace my regular metal cleat screws with titanium. Should save me some weight, thus making me even more of a phenom than I already am.

4 comments:

Shaver said...

bravo!

Cat3Phenom said...

Just here to help identify the 'regulars' from the groups across the world.

bikerider061964 said...

This is too good to be true, dare I say brilliant! Counter attacking one's own attack. I for one can not wait to read more about this tactic. Imagine how demoralized the pack riders would become when they lifted their heads from checking out their gearing on the rear cassette, or flipping down that rear brake lever they forgot to set, only to see our fearless leader out front crushing not only the pack, but himself as well.
This is good stuff. I'm to the point of crapping my chamois from the excitement of thinking what's to come!

Cat3Phenom said...

john -

It's just a little thing that I like to call, "fighting crazy with crazy." Nobody ever messes with the crazy guy, so that's the guy you've got to be.