Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's raining, I'm indoor training

Yep, you got that right...Rain outside, I train inside. Speaking of train...this is kind of like my riding style.

I'm like a big freight-train. I just get at the front of a race, get my engine a going, and blast trough, around and over everything I come across. This is what I picture while I'm riding on my trainer, becoming the train that is so fast I have jet engines:


Or maybe another comparison. I envision myself like big Thor (below)...



And this is my competition (below). There's no way the competition can hang with me. I actually think I could drop them on a stationary trainer, and these things don't even move.




Well, I guess I better go hop on the trainer. Todays workout calls for two hours total. I'll probably do a bit of a warm up, maybe 30 minutes or so, and then hammer out an hour worth of power and steady state intervals. I'm going to follow that up with 15 minutes of tempo, and then a 15 minute cool down.

I've got a race this weekend, so I want to go hard today, rest tomorrow, then get ready.
Time to go drop that chick...

3 comments:

bikerider061964 said...

I think your competition needs another fitting on her Cervelo, she looks a little stretched out on that frame. Maybe a 48 or 50 might work.

Cat3Phenom said...

Excellent observation. I can tell only the brightest are reading this blog.

bikerider061964 said...

My mother always told me I was a very intellegent child growing up so you might be onto something with only the brightest reading this blog. It's painfully obvious your blog is not meant to be read by the feeble minded. C'est Moi is a good example of the high level of intellegence drawn to your blog because of your knowledge and understanding of bike racing tactics.
Keep up the good work, looking forward to reading more tips before I start racing in 2 weeks.