Thursday, March 5, 2009

Racing P/1/2/3

Man I love when race organizers set up a P/1/2/3 race. It really allows us badass Ultimate Cat rider to show the P/1/2 guys how big of mistake it was for them to 'upgrade.'

Raced last weekend in a P/1/2/3 race, got second place. Now you may think second place is bad, but it really just goes to show how awesome of a teammate I am. Had a team member up the road on a solo break. He must have attacked while I was still getting kit'ed up for the race, because I attacked from the gun only to hear on team radio that we already had a guy up the road.

Anyway, we have one up the road, so I play wingman. Aka - someone tries to attack and chase our solo rider, I hop on board. The looks on these Cat 1 racers faces when each time they attack with all their heart, only to look back and see that a member of the Ultimate Cat is in tow. Eventually, all of the morale was taken out of this chase group since none could get away without the Cat3Phenom caboose hitched to their rear wheel.

Once I saw that all morale was gone, I leapt from the group - leaving a cloud of "Racers" in my dust. It was awesome - first race of the year, 2nd place finish. I'm pretty sure I could have caught my teammate up the road, but since we split prize money anyway, there was no need.

After the race, we all did the usual gather around our vehicles and tell the 18 different perspectives that everyone had about the race. Although nobody came right out and said it, I could tell they were all looking at me with that envious look on their face. They were amazed at how strong a Cat 3 rider could be. The looks on their faces was worth more than any amount of prize money.

Hopefully they could read the look on my face, which was clearly telling all those P/1/2 riders that they had made a huge mistake by leaving the Ultimate Cat. At least they now know when an "Upgrade" is really a "Downgrade." They know who the real strongmen are.

Well, off to fill my tubes with H2O (water for you non-scientific people). This allows me to take my weekly training to a whole new level, and allows me to actually get a workout on group rides.

No comments: